Preparing for your Procedure:
- No blood thinners, eg. Plavix or Pradaxa 7 days prior to procedure (Please get approval from your PCP prior to stopping any blood thinners).
- No Coumadin 4 days prior to procedure.
- Please tell your doctor if you have an infection or are taking antibiotics.
- Please discuss with your PCP and/or prescribing doctor prior to stopping Aspirin, Plavix, Coumadin, or any other blood thinners.
- Please let the doctor know if there is a chance of pregnancy.
- Nothing to eat or drink 4 hours prior to procedure.
- You will need to bring a driver with you the day of the procedure.
- Limit bending, lifting and twisting the day of the procedure.
- You should apply ice to the area of injection 2-3 times for 20 minutes on the day of a procedure.
- Do not apply heat to the procedure area the day of a procedure.
- The day after the procedure, you can resume taking any blood-thinners that you needed to stop for the procedure.
- It is not uncommon to experience some increased discomfort for the first day. If there is profound discomfort that lasts beyond one day, please call the office to report your concerns.
- It may take a few days, up to a week, to experience the full benefits of the procedure.
- Please enjoy a meal after your procedure and resume a regular diet.
- Please call the office immediately if you experience an accident with your bowels and/or bladder; a fever >100 degrees Fahrenheit; a change in strength or any symptoms of significant concern.
- Most patients are very pleased with the outcome of procedures.
- In case of any medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.